Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mastering the Art of French Cooking

After watching the movie Julie & Julia, I decided to purchase Julia Child's book Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I'm anxiously awaiting it's arrival and eager to attempt the famous Boeuf Bourguignon.

I'm sorry it took a movie to convince me of my need to pour over the first cookbook of the legendary Julia Child. In my defense, her book is sadly unseen when submerged in a sea of culinary literature in the local bookstore.

I did find a website that posted the Boeuf Bourguignon recipe. http://cooking.knopfdoubleday.com/2009/07/13/julia-childs-boeuf-bourguignon-recipe/I've prematurely prepared a grocery list and have located all the necessary equipment for the job. I anticipate great success! I'll let you know (unless I fail miserably of course).

1 comment:

  1. I just watched that movie the other night. I loved it and wanted so much to start cooking but as it was late at night and my family was asleep I could not. I thank you for the website and will try it out! I am in the process of writing my own cookbook. My husband wants me to write one for his patients as he is a Psyhcologist and Nutritionist. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete